Announcement



New Links!


Attention to everyone in this Tutorial Group 10. For the ease of everyone here and for easy access, I have put up links that link to the short stories that is required for our semester. Keys and Locks and Open Doors was deleted from the original website, but I found another website only in a different language, but the text is basically English. Have fun using the new feature!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Love Letter - To My First Love

Dear my first love,

Wow, it has been a while since we last met. I am grateful that you still remember me. Today I feel great as I have never expected to receive any news let alone a two-page letter from you. I have been doing well. How about you? My profession as a doctor has never made me any happier. I guess my dream of helping others really did come true.

I don’t remember you mentioning anything about a pet shop to me. But I’m glad that you have found something to keep your mind off of me.

Dear my first love,

I have never planned to marry another other than you. Our love was the thing that kept me going 15 years ago. But then after I got back from London, my parents told me that they have arranged a marriage for me. I was totally shocked at first. But as I loved my parents too much, I can’t do anything other than follow their dreams of me marrying a man of their choice. I was hesitant at first. I wouldn’t lie. I did expect a proposal from you once I got back from London but you did nothing. So I thought that you were not that serious with me. That’s why I decided to marry Muhammad, the man my parents has chosen for me.

At first, I regretted the marriage so much. But as days went by, I started to fall in love. Muhammad did all the sweet things that you have done for me. I got to admit that he reminds me of you at first. But as time goes by, I learned to love him as he is. Sure he got flaws but that was what made me fell hard for him.

Dear my first love,

I didn’t even know that you were on my Facebook friends list. If I would have known, I’ll surely chat with you. But it makes me wonder. Why couldn’t you just muster the courage to talk to me? That is so not you. You used to be the one who would always be happy and cheery. You were the one who would always say hi to people first. And you were the one who initiated a conversation with me when we first met. I guess as time flies by, people do change.

Dear my first love,

I have always had feelings for you. But that was until I met my husband. You have to understand that he was my soul mate and there will never be another. My heart was shattered to a thousand pieces when you did nothing about us back then. And it shattered again when the news of my husband’s death was made known to me. I don’t think I can bear another heartbreak as I am afraid I wouldn’t be able to handle it. And also I have kids to take care of. I even barely made it through a day after my husband’s death.

But, if you are willing to be my friend, I would gladly open my arms wide for you. After all, it’s been a while since we last talked. I would love to hear that you would still want to be my friend. I guess that’s all for now. I would love to hear from you back.

Yours truly,

Sofeia.

No comments:

Post a Comment