Announcement



New Links!


Attention to everyone in this Tutorial Group 10. For the ease of everyone here and for easy access, I have put up links that link to the short stories that is required for our semester. Keys and Locks and Open Doors was deleted from the original website, but I found another website only in a different language, but the text is basically English. Have fun using the new feature!

Friday, August 19, 2011

FROM PARIS WITH LOVE




Bonjourrrr! Who does not know Paris? Paris is located in France. I shall say that Paris is one of the most beautiful and breath taking places that I have been to. Every cherish moment of it will be a memorable time for me.

It was still fresh in my mind it was on 8th of January that I stepped on a plane to go to London. I stayed at United Kingdom (UK) for 2 weeks to visit my sister. She studied in Middlesbrough which is 3 hours from London. But UK was another story. At first we did not plan to go to Paris, but at the end, my father decided to go to Paris at the very last minute since we were in Europe. So he bought train tickets for Eurostar. It only took 2 hours to reach Paris from London. It was an underground train which goes in a very high speed.

The journey on the train was quiet fun and I really enjoyed it. It was very jaw dropping to see the whole town of France. I would say the old village of France was exactly what I watched in movies such as The Italian Job, Pink Panther and Rush Hour 3. It was very old and vintage village. I slept after only 1 hour of sight seeing the other side of France since I was so exhausted exploring London. When we reached Paris, without further thinking, we took a cab and went straight to our hotel and got a good nap.

It was 5:30 a.m. and we quickly got ready to begin our Paris trip. My father decided to fit in the culture of France to have breakfast at a very vintage cafe down the street of France. There were thousands types of fresh bread. After breakfast, we went to the underground train ticket which is Metro Train. The first stop we made was of course, The Eiffel Tower. It was winter and I was freezing. The first time I saw the tower, I was stunned and I stopped breathing for a moment. I would never think that one day I would be in front of The Eiffel Tower. It was super high and it was nothing like you watched on television. It was way different than you think. Do you know that there are 734 stairs to get to the second floor of the tower? And yes, we did go to the second tower by stairs! Surprisingly, there was an ice skating ring in the middle of the Eiffel Tower. When we reached on top of the tower, I can see the whole town of real Paris! It was one of the most unforgettable moment ever when I was in Paris. Our next stop was Musee’ Rodin and Musee’ De L’Armee . It was the historical place of Paris. Basically in Musee’ De LArmee there was much famous sculpture. Rodin was one of the famous artist and he was the who created ‘The Thinker’.

The next day, we went to Charle’s De Goitle and it was one of the famous roundabouts in the world. It was so big and beautiful. The art in the roundabout was stunning and there were a lot of photographer that was so busy taking the antique design. Next we went to the Notre Dome. It was my first to went to the church and it got me jitters. My sisters were making noises while everybody was praying. It was so huge and the state of art was unbelievable. I looked at some people crying after getting out from the confession room. It was 100meter long to get to the alter where people get married. We had lunch at the only muslim restaurant that we could find in Paris. It as Turkish restaurant and I really enjoyed my lamb kebab. After taking some pictures, we were walking down the street of Paris, we decided to go to Musee De Lurve where they keep the original portrait of Mona Lisa. It was 8 pm and when we got there, the meseum was closed. My dad was frustrated because it was one of the main reasons why we came to Paris.

Spending a week in Paris, to be honest, it’s not good enough for me. There were so many things to explore and study the historical country. I hope that one day, when I get married, I will go to Paris for my honeymoon. For the next holiday, my dad plan to go to another seven wonders of the world which is The Great Wall of China which is in Beijing. I really enjoyed my Euro trip in Paris and it was the most unforgettable moments spending time with my family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment