Announcement



New Links!


Attention to everyone in this Tutorial Group 10. For the ease of everyone here and for easy access, I have put up links that link to the short stories that is required for our semester. Keys and Locks and Open Doors was deleted from the original website, but I found another website only in a different language, but the text is basically English. Have fun using the new feature!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Untitled essay


                I was raised in a well-mannered family and an earnest background. Both my parents are architects and used to work for the Penang government before reaching into the private sector. My dad established his own architectural firm after working for 8 years with JKR(Department of Public Works), recruiting my mom as one of his employees. He first started off small but slowly gained recognition nationally. One of his biggest projects is designing the new police headquarters in Taiping, Perak. My parents got married on the 30th of May 1987 and conceived their first child, my brother, on the 25th of August 1988. I was the second-born and later followed by my sister in 1996.

                My mother was born and raised in Kuching, Sarawak but continued her studies in MRSM Pengkalan Chepa, Kelantan when she was only 13. As for my dad, he was born and raised in Ayer Itam, Pulau Pinang and furthered his studies in the Malay College Kuala Kangsar, Perak when he was 13 as well. They both met while pursuing their studies in Architecture in Western Australia Institute of Technology, which was later renamed to Curtin University situated in Perth, Australia.

                My primary school years in S.K. St. Xavier’s was a memorable one as I was the head prefect of the school, as well as the chairman of Karate, Living Skills and Red Crescent societies of the school/by being the head prefect in my final year there, I gained a lot of experience being as both a student and a leader.

                During secondary school, I started being active in sports as well as my Karate again. I excelled in Karate as I achieved my Black Belt Shodan status by the time I was in form 2. I also trained for the state’s SUKMA team but couldn’t further my training as the even clashed with my SPM year. I also got placings for my school’s annual cross-country even each year as well as placings for my school’s inter-sports house Rugby and Table Tennis competitions. For my Robotics Club, my team and I created a robot that could draw and paint actual ‘Batik’ patterns using real wax and a ‘Canting’ pen as well as a completely automated theatre that displays Malaysian ‘Wayang Kulit’ through robots. For this, we received several awards at State level for our achievements. In my final year at Penang Free School, I had four important posts in different societies at the same time, Vice-presidency for Robotics, Karate and Interact societies and vice-captaincy for my sports house.

1 comment: