Announcement



New Links!


Attention to everyone in this Tutorial Group 10. For the ease of everyone here and for easy access, I have put up links that link to the short stories that is required for our semester. Keys and Locks and Open Doors was deleted from the original website, but I found another website only in a different language, but the text is basically English. Have fun using the new feature!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Most Terrifying Moment Of

Everybody must have his most terrifying moment in his life. For me, the most terrifying moment I ever had in my life was the moment I faced about 5 years ago when I still in Form 1. The moment had turned the new page of my life, becoming the turning point on my life graph and changed me totally from a coward to a strong, brave person.
                The moment started as I hardly tried to open my eyes and when finally did it I was very shocked to see where I was. I wanted to cover my nostrils with my fingers when I sniffed a pungent and bad smell but both my hands were tied firmly by a rope. My legs also were tied with the same rope. I tried to scream but my mouth was covered by a cloth that I could not even said a single word. I started to become anxious. I widen my view. I was in about 2mx2m-room and the rubbish seemed to fill the entire small room. I was wondering how I came to this horrible place. The last thing I remembered was the television. Yes, I was watching Transformers at my home alone when suddenly a hand with a piece of cloth covered my mouth. Then, I became unconsciousness. 
                As I tried to get idea how I can been at this place, I heard a hoarse voice coming from the door. I tried to focus my hearing. “What are we doing with that boy, sir?” My neck was shivering as I know that I had been kidnapped. The man must be talking with his boss just now. I felt very panic and began to think what to do. The first thing that I need to do was to free my movement by releasing my limbs from this rope. I navigated the area to find something that could help me to do that. Finally, my view came to a piece of a glass fragment that was located quite a distance from my place. With all my strength I managed to roll to it and quickly applied the sharp part of the fragment to cut the rope. “Okay, now I can move. So, what can I do now?” I whispered slowly.
                As I kept thinking, the door opened. A fat, well-shouldered man appeared from the door and as I expected he was very surprised when he saw me moveable. I too was actually surprised to see him. I breathe with gasping. I could feel my heart pumping faster as an ordinary feedback mechanism for a human in this situation. My rate of metabolism increased as the blood sent more oxygenated blood to each part of my body. Fight or flight situation. I did not know exactly what should I do at this moment. I did not think I can defeat this guy in front of me that seemed to be like a gorilla now. He started to attack me with a heavy punch and I was fortunate to evade that first attack. But the man skillfully used his leg to find his target on my body. It happened so fast. I screamed at the top of my voice.
                All of a sudden, my anger controlled me. On impulse, I took the glass fragment from the ground and threw it accurately to his face. Then, I ran as fast as I could to distance me from that guy. I did not know what happened to him just now and I did not want to know. What I wanted was to run from this horrible place. So, I increased my speed and only losing it as I felt exhausted. It was dark but I do not feel cool. There was a burning sensation in my limb which was matted with my blood. Then, I continued my running, just to become cautious if that man was chasing me. I reached the main road and was very lucky to see a car approaching me. I stopped the car and asked for the driver’s help. From her, I managed to lodge a police report at the nearby police station. Then, the police called my parents to inform about my condition. According to him, he had received a report that a boy was missing yesterday. Twenty minutes later, my parents came with a cry and I was grateful to see both of them.
                The terrifying accident was happened about 5 years ago but until now, the police still do not find the kidnapper and the mastermind for my abduction. Although I had given detail information about the man and the house, the police still could not solve this mystery. The motive for this case is still unknowable. But they believe that it was not about money because the kidnapper never call my parents to ask for the ransom. The police are still investigating this case. For me, I am grateful to save from the most terrifying accident I ever had. I try to be more cautious in whatever I do. Sometimes, I thought who was that man and what he wanted from me but to no avail. So, I am trying to forget that moment from keep disturbing my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment