Announcement



New Links!


Attention to everyone in this Tutorial Group 10. For the ease of everyone here and for easy access, I have put up links that link to the short stories that is required for our semester. Keys and Locks and Open Doors was deleted from the original website, but I found another website only in a different language, but the text is basically English. Have fun using the new feature!

Friday, June 10, 2011

The Moment I Finally Found It

I was a numb person. I felt like losing something deep inside of me. I couldn't remember my childhood days with my birth mother. My inborn impulse keep saying that my life didn't seem so happy if I had raised by my birth mother. But there were thousand question that still playing around my head. Why didn't she raised me up? Why she was willing to give me to my adoptive parents? And the main question is; Does she loves me?

Sometimes I realized that I had a happy childhood days with my adoptive parents but could I get a happy and meaningful childhood days if I lived with my birth mother. Could she bakes me a cake for my birthday every year? Could she sews my halloween costume? Could we have a joyful moment in the kitchen baking cupcakes and cookies like I used to have with my adoptive mother. But I didn't think so. If I managed to have those precious moments with her but then why she didn't want to raise me. Sometimes I felt like being rejected by my own mother. I am very curious to get to know her. I have to know my real family history. My real name. My real mother. My real hometown. If not, so who am I?

I love my adoptive adoptive parents so much. They are the apple of my eye. I'm very grateful to have people that willing to take me as their own child. They managed to colour my life. I couldn't imagine my life without the presence of my adoptive parents. My life might be dull without people who could build your life and love you until you had become a successfull person. They also had manured virtue inside of me. Bethany Moore is my name. But I knew this was not my real name. This is the name that had been given by my adoptive parents once they adopted me. My adoptive parents didn't talked much about my birth mother. So, I decided to do on a research for my mother at the family-research.com. I found her name-Elizabeth Hopkins. But I couldn't find the place she lives now. So, I contacted Maisie, the person in-charge and waited for a favorable reply.

I live in the Arizona and it is really far distance from my adoptive parents in New Hampshire because of my career. I work as a lawyer at Brook & Ben Company. I love my job, protecting the innocent people. But sometimes I had to defence for bad people and fight with the innocent ones. I had the ability to stand for justice. I won severals lawsuits along my career. The courtroom is not 'alien' to me. I'm very good to stand for facts and fight against the doubts. I was thinking if I had inherited these skills from my birth mother. I do hope so. So that I have something in common with her. But I have realized that this is not who I am. Why could I stand for others but not for my own rights?

One evening, after a long day in the courtroom, I got a phone call from Maisie. She told me that my birth mother lived in East Garden that only took one and a half hour from Brook & Ben Company office. Even I was tired but I couldn't lose this opportunity to meet her. So, I drove my car to East Garden. I finally reached the destination that I had been waiting. Dreams can take you to places you haven't been before. I parked my car at the sidewalk. I walked slowly to her house gate. She lived in a small country style house. I saw a lady sitting on a beach at her garden. That should be her! The garden was a sight to behold with a kaleidoscope of colourful flowers. I felt like the flowers were welcoming me to meet her. I walked towards the lady with full of anticipation while finding the right words to greet her. I felt like there were something stucked in my guts when it came to introduce myself.

She looked younger than I thought. I greeted her and asked, 'Good evening. I'm Bethany Moore. Are you Elizabeth Hopkins?' She answered, 'Yes. I'm Elizabeth Hopkins.' She's my birth mother that I have being dreamt of. This is the moment that I have been looking for my entire life. I finally found it...

No comments:

Post a Comment