Announcement



New Links!


Attention to everyone in this Tutorial Group 10. For the ease of everyone here and for easy access, I have put up links that link to the short stories that is required for our semester. Keys and Locks and Open Doors was deleted from the original website, but I found another website only in a different language, but the text is basically English. Have fun using the new feature!

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Moment

One of the moments I experienced in life is when I changed the tires of a car for the first time.
Of all days and places for it to happen, it happened somewhere around 7pm, which was starting to get darker by the minute and in the middle of a not-so busy road, if it was busy, i'd be dead. The car suddenly felt lopsided and i was sitting on that side. Which was weird, because I was lighter than my mom by around 1 or 2kg.

We kept on driving for a few more kilometers and the journey was really bumpy since one tyre went psssssshhhhhhhhtttttt...... When we actually stopped by the roadside, i checked the tyre and it was completely deflated. So, my mom called my dad and my dad called my brother and my mom called my brother as well to ask him to pick us up and send us to the shoe store, so that my mom could buy her shoes and send us back to the car. In the mean time, we stopped at a petrol station to wait for my brother to pick us up.

For the first time ever, I changed the tire of my car, which was really heavy even with help. It got really messy because of the grease and oil. The crank felt really tight due to the heat from the tires which caused the bolt to expand and harder to release. I feel so proud of myself. The inner part of the tyre was completely cracked through the whole circumference due to exhaustion over the years. This shows to prove that car owners should send in their cars for check-ups and fix-ups every few months or so to avoid such incidents.

All in all, it was a valuable experience and there are moral values to be learnt from this but I just do not know what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment